Taking some time off

Like Dale and Derek suggested, I've taken a little more time off. I'm excited to try to run again, to see if there's any improvements. This last week I think I've made huge improvements with the chiropractor. I honestly feel like my hips are "different", and the left one (normally the healthy one) feels lower & a little awkward. I'm hoping it's getting used to moving in the "correct" place now. The right hip actually moves normally when I walk now, so that's great. Ye-ha!

Anyway, the plan is to BIKE until I'm able to run. Bike like it's my job. I'm also trying to do some groundwork so I'm ready and have a plan when I'm able to run again. I'm reading a few books on training over the holiday weekend, and am going to map out a strength/cross-training/stretching/food/preventative chiropractic care plan. So excited! I'm still not sure on the running part of the plan yet -- I'm going to sketch out what I think might be good and then go meet with a couple of people. I need to be as smart as possible this time around... I'm not completely naturally talented, so everything's going to have to go right if I want to have a shot at the trials.

I've decided that the main goal for the fall will be Chicago. I'm really excited about it! Derek was the one who planted the seed. I applied for their elite development program & am waiting to hear back. That allows me to register as late as September 1st. If by late August I'm running and racing well, then it'd be worth the trip/expense. If not, I have a free/elite entry into TCM. That'll be the back up plan.

Until then, gotta do whatever I can to get myself to be able to run!

Nichole Porath

Nichole is a blogger, elite level runner, and coach. She ran professionally for Brooks for two years after qualifying for the 2012 US Olympic Marathon Trials. During that time she founded TNC endurance, where she coaches and motivationally speaks to organizations large and small. This blog details her rise to national-level racing, and continues to follow her as she gets back into racing after starting a family. Read on, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment