Day in/Day out

I'd forgotten how much time and mental energy is involved with training for something!

My weekends feel so much shorter now that I'm putting in a medium long run in on Friday night (13 or so) and a long run (19-20) on Sunday. That eats up so much time! It's also really time consuming to plan my day/week around my training plan. Friday, for example: work until 2, then quick run (quick is relative for 13 miles :), then hop over to Finn Sisu to tie up some loose ends, then groceries, then etc... if you're not careful, you can easily "not find time" for a workout.

I'm also tired much more often. Like, seriously tired. This weekend I slept 11 hours one night, and my brain was still in that "I-hurt-because-I'm-tired" mode when I went out for a run. I hate that. Wish I didn't require so much sleep. I could be so much more productive during those hours!!!

But, day after day, I'm trying to fit everything in & think I've been successful so far. Now -- to fit in 50-60 miles between now and Saturday, and hopefully not entirely kill the legs before Sunday. I'm racing the Human Race 8K and would LOVE to set a new PR there (currently 30:29). But, I also know putting in another good quality high mileage week is more important, so I'll try to balance both.

Hasta luego!

Nichole Porath

Nichole is a blogger, elite level runner, and coach. She ran professionally for Brooks for two years after qualifying for the 2012 US Olympic Marathon Trials. During that time she founded TNC endurance, where she coaches and motivationally speaks to organizations large and small. This blog details her rise to national-level racing, and continues to follow her as she gets back into racing after starting a family. Read on, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment