First hard workout

I was able to do my first hard workout since my injury. It went pretty well, actually! The leg is a little sore now, but I think only because it's re-learning to move quickly.

I got a little lost on my warm-up and never found the track (oops) so I ended up doing my 800m repeats on a random road in Red Wing. Problem is you can't find a flat 1/2 mile stretch of road here! I don't know if it was because of the ups and downs in the road or the fact that I haven't done anything fast in a while, but my times were really slow: 3:04, 3:02, 2:52 (which was goal time, I wanted to do these at 5K pace), 3:04, 2:50, 3:00. One way was obviously more downhill than the other way.

So, hopefully this is the start of getting back to real training. I still have to hold back a bit (I hate that!), but I'll try to push a little more each day. I was able to switch into the 10 mile at Twin Cities and get an entry into the Des Moines marathon. Wow!! How luckly am I??!? I know I can pull myself through to do the 10 mile, and hopefully I continue getting stronger so I can have a shot at Des Moines (on October 18th)!

Nichole Porath

Nichole is a blogger, elite level runner, and coach. She ran professionally for Brooks for two years after qualifying for the 2012 US Olympic Marathon Trials. During that time she founded TNC endurance, where she coaches and motivationally speaks to organizations large and small. This blog details her rise to national-level racing, and continues to follow her as she gets back into racing after starting a family. Read on, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment