Sleeepy...


It's just after 9:00 on Tuesday. I've had a cup of coffee, and I'm hoping that it just hasn't kicked in yet. My brain is so tired it just hurts. I hate that feeling. Yesterday was just as bad.

I went to bed around 9:45 last night (I vowed after yesterday that I'd get to bed early), but didn't fall asleep until after 10:30. That's the worst, when you're too tired to fall asleep. That still gave me a little over 7 hours of sleep. You'd think that'd help.

So, despite my valient efforts to get to bed early, I'm still exhausted today. I wish I could run on less sleep, but I really need at least 8 hours a night. That increases (to what amount, I have yet to find) significantly when I'm running high miles or high intensity.

*Sigh* I WILL get to bed by 9:00 tonight, I'm swearing to myself now. Hold me to it!!

Nichole Porath

Nichole is a blogger, elite level runner, and coach. She ran professionally for Brooks for two years after qualifying for the 2012 US Olympic Marathon Trials. During that time she founded TNC endurance, where she coaches and motivationally speaks to organizations large and small. This blog details her rise to national-level racing, and continues to follow her as she gets back into racing after starting a family. Read on, friends!

1 comment:

  1. I am noticing a theme to your posts this week...

    ReplyDelete