Short days :(

Trying to fit in these miles into an already hectic schedule is difficult. Take yesterday, for example:

6:45 Leave for work.
7:45 Get to work.
5:00 Leave work (should have really stayed late, because I'm behind, but I know I have a long run to get in...)
6:20 Get home (after a tire fill because the flat they repaired a few weeks ago is still leaking. Ug!) Eat a little (I ate a big lunch because I knew I wouldn't want to eat and then immediately run), then get dressed/ready for run.
6:45 Leave on run with Nathan. 15 mile medium long run on the schedule for today. It's actually a cool route up to 494, across the river alongside 494, then in the trails starting at American Blvd back to 77.
8:50ish Done with run! Turn on sprinkler because lawn isn't looking great. Wash clothes, otherwise I won't have any clean running shorts for tomorrow. Run dishwasher. Make lunches for tomorrow. Log on to computer, answer a few emails.
11:00 Get ready for bed :(. Late night!!
12:15 Get up and jot some things down on my "list". My mind is reeling and I can't sleep!!! ARGH! This is exactly what I DON'T need to happen!!

So, fun day! Trying to get mileage in during the weekday is hard, but I keep reminding myself that it's do-able. I just won't have any extra time in the day :).

Nichole Porath

Nichole is a blogger, elite level runner, and coach. She ran professionally for Brooks for two years after qualifying for the 2012 US Olympic Marathon Trials. During that time she founded TNC endurance, where she coaches and motivationally speaks to organizations large and small. This blog details her rise to national-level racing, and continues to follow her as she gets back into racing after starting a family. Read on, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment