Great Birthday!!


Yes, it's my birthday today. 26 years old. Wow.

It's been a great day so far. First, I opened a package from my best friend, Jane. I LOVE getting mail!! Especially packages :). It was a perfect gift -- an under armor Navy shirt (I can't wait to wear it! It fits great and everytime I wear it I'll think of her & her husband who is in the Navy) and a hand-knitted stocking cap. Wow! How fun :).

Then to work -- and I finally feel like I'm starting to pick up on things! My reports are coming along great. At 11 I head out for my lunch time run. My goal is to explore Red Wing on the run, so I print out a little map and head out. I had an absolute BLAST!!! It's so gorgeous. I had planned on a medium long run today of 12 miles, so knew I had some exploring I could do. I ran out about 4 miles and found the country side, which was so charming. The air is so clean tasting, and wow -- the views!! Bluffs, streams, wildlife, etc. I found the cutest neighborhood addition just at the outskirts of town. I ran all around it, but didn't find a for sale sign anywhere :(. Bummer -- but I know where to look now! I eventually found the Cannon Valley trail. There was an entrance out in the middle of nowhere, which I found shortly after chasing about 4 roosters along the side of a dirt road :) At that point I was pretty turned around, but luckily a nice gentleman was hiking on the trail and told me I was running in the right direction. Onward back into town! The trail winds right along Spring Creek. I want to look up more information on the trail to see how long it is and where it winds. I ran on it yesterday as well, but on a different part of it. There's a picture above, but it doesn't do it justice... I'll try to find a better one when I have more time.

I made it back to RWSC, quickly changed, and ran back up to the office. Now I'm back at my desk, and shoudl probably get back to work. :) I just had to write an entry, though, while the run was still fresh in my mind. :) Hope the rest of the day is as good as the first half!!

Nichole Porath

Nichole is a blogger, elite level runner, and coach. She ran professionally for Brooks for two years after qualifying for the 2012 US Olympic Marathon Trials. During that time she founded TNC endurance, where she coaches and motivationally speaks to organizations large and small. This blog details her rise to national-level racing, and continues to follow her as she gets back into racing after starting a family. Read on, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment