Back in Shape 5K - 18:30 (5th)

Oh, 5Ks :). They're so short (and painful!)

This was a great race. It was very well organized, a great course (right on for distance!), and really good competition. I wasn't ready for a race yet, since I've only been training for about 2 weeks (and haven't done a VO2 max workout since mid-May), but looked at it as a way to get out there and get a good, hard, fast workout in.

I finished 5th in 18:30. Not a great time for me (Last month I ran a 17:57 at the GAC Alumni meet), but it's a decent time. That's about what I ran all of my 5Ks in last year. And considering how little I've done in the last month, I was happy. We did a 7 mile cool down after the race so I could get in 12 miles for the day.

Now -- the challenge will be to get the legs rested up so I can race well in the 1/2 marathon at Grandma's this weekend! !

Nichole Porath

Nichole is a blogger, elite level runner, and coach. She ran professionally for Brooks for two years after qualifying for the 2012 US Olympic Marathon Trials. During that time she founded TNC endurance, where she coaches and motivationally speaks to organizations large and small. This blog details her rise to national-level racing, and continues to follow her as she gets back into racing after starting a family. Read on, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment