Back at it

I decided to start running again, hoping that I was just feeling tired because of the added stress in my life, not enough sleep, and generally not training well. Hope I made the right decision.

I skied for the majority of the week (3 days!! That might be a record for me) and started to run on Friday. On Friday I did 6 miles (easy) and Saturday I did 4 miles. Sunday I ran in the Musky Fest 5K race, doing more warm up and cool down to try to get in miles like my usual Sunday long runs. WU: 2.75 miles. Race 3.1 miles (18:41, 1st woman). CD: 5.5 miles. Total for the day: 11.5. The race went OK. My legs didn't feel like they had that extra gear at all -- just that general feeling of being a little tired and heavy. I'm fairly happy with the time, though: 18:41 isn't bad considering how little hard running I've done in the last 2 months.

I called my college coach over the weekend, and it sounds like he's pretty interested in working with me more 1-1 for this training cycle. I'm so excited! We work really well together, and I could use someone to bounce ideas off of (for example: last week when I didn't know whether to start running again or take more time off). More on this to come! :)

Nichole Porath

Nichole is a blogger, elite level runner, and coach. She ran professionally for Brooks for two years after qualifying for the 2012 US Olympic Marathon Trials. During that time she founded TNC endurance, where she coaches and motivationally speaks to organizations large and small. This blog details her rise to national-level racing, and continues to follow her as she gets back into racing after starting a family. Read on, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment