Dehydrated??...

Not a great run today. The tempo was pretty good (7:38), which surprised me because my legs didn't feel great. But 7:30s seemed to take a lot less effort than 8:00s, so I just went with it. At about 10 miles, though, I started to feel my quads tighten up and in general didn't feel as good. I was completely dry and had a salty film all over. Gross. I did another 2 miles, but then called it quits. No use in running through feeling like this just to get mileage in. I've learned my lesson... listen to your body.

I hope it's just the fact that I'm not used to running in heat and haven't been hydrating properly. It might also be that I pushed it a little too much last week (I added marathon pace to a long run, did the repeats faster than I was supposed to... but I felt so GREAT last week!! Had to take advantage of that). Maybe my body hasn't fully recovered? At any rate, I need to get that "spring" in my legs back before Saturday's race.

So, I have a water glass next to me as I write this :). Wondering what I should do tomorrow? The plan originally called for 8 in the AM and 4 in the PM plus a few striders...

Nichole Porath

Nichole is a blogger, elite level runner, and coach. She ran professionally for Brooks for two years after qualifying for the 2012 US Olympic Marathon Trials. During that time she founded TNC endurance, where she coaches and motivationally speaks to organizations large and small. This blog details her rise to national-level racing, and continues to follow her as she gets back into racing after starting a family. Read on, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment