This came to my inbox on Sunday!

I could NOT have been more excited to get an email from Jerry with THIS on Sunday:

CHRISTMAS IN JULY!!
I am so thankful to have Jerry continuing to coach me through this pregnancy!!


Yeah, I know I'm 25+ weeks pregnant. I also know that I don't have racing goals for the foreseeable future, and that I shouldn't even begin to scheme on running post-delivery yet. There's still something that just *excites* me about following a plan, and specifically that Jerry is behind those plans! I am so fortunate to have found a coach that I work really well under - and that said coach is willing to put up with me! :)

Nate would say that we are probably bad for each other... I love to do a LOT, and Jerry is also a mileage-centric coach. I'd argue the other way, as I think the partnership is perfect. I love and, well, crave the high mileage he dishes out. I overthink workouts and he reminds me to KISS (keep it simple, stupid). He will specifically ignore/not answer my emails when I'm being overly dramatic or asking dumb questions :). Have I mentioned I love this man? :)

I can easily talk myself out of a run when:
It's hot
It's humid
I could nap instead!

I could have extra time around the house!
Oh yeah, I'm pregnant and not racing for a while
... what other excuse can I find not to run? :)

And talk myself out of running, I did! I logged ZERO miles for two of those three weeks. I knew I needed to pester Jerry for a plan.


And - whoila! I'm back on the horse again! Now, seriously, can this heat and humidity let up? I would really, really appreciate it!

Your turn:

Been lazy lately? :)

Nichole Porath

Nichole is a blogger, elite level runner, and coach. She ran professionally for Brooks for two years after qualifying for the 2012 US Olympic Marathon Trials. During that time she founded TNC endurance, where she coaches and motivationally speaks to organizations large and small. This blog details her rise to national-level racing, and continues to follow her as she gets back into racing after starting a family. Read on, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment