Random Finds in 2016

I've had a good first half of the year in terms of random stuff found while running! It started by collecting coins (too many solo miles in the winter/early spring months!). So far that's amounted to $3.77 in change.

Seriously. Today I found a jar of change in a free pile (along with some chairs, an end table, and a creepy looking "Vote for pedro" covered hand). A JAR OF CHANGE.

I dropped it off at Tom's Bicycle Shop downtown. It wasn't super easy to carry with me, that's for sure :).

I thought my changes of collecting $10 by the end of the year had been dashed after the street sweepers started working - but now I might be well on my way!
Just 2 days ago, I found this lounge chair. A perfect size for Greta! Craig said Greta has enough sass to pull off a chair like this. Ha. It'll go well with her pink cowboy boots and her walking swagger she's recently discovered.

Now... this chair was still a mile away from the church. SO - I awkwardly ran with it for that long. I don't recommend it.

I also wonder what people were thinking as they passed me??
Another key find earlier in the year. Perfect for baby #2! Not sure if I knew I was pregnant here or not... but I already was :)

And these...
Craig had actually been looking for a Xmas tree topper! I don't know if I had been yearning for a penguin hat, but you know... :)

(Might have been at the end of 2015... not sure)
Your turn:

Guess how much money was in the jar? It's in a quart sized mason jar, mostly pennies with a few dimes scattered throughout. 
I'll bring it to the bank on Monday. Person closest wins... the pride of guessing closest!

Nichole Porath

Nichole is a blogger, elite level runner, and coach. She ran professionally for Brooks for two years after qualifying for the 2012 US Olympic Marathon Trials. During that time she founded TNC endurance, where she coaches and motivationally speaks to organizations large and small. This blog details her rise to national-level racing, and continues to follow her as she gets back into racing after starting a family. Read on, friends!

1 comment:

  1. You are definitely a friend of Jeff... Yesterday, he brought home a vase of flowers that he found out running, but I'm pretty sure you've put him to shame with that motherhood of change. Weirdos!

    $15

    ReplyDelete