Pregnancy Weeks 11-12

The great:

My blog WON the 2014 Best Women's Running Blog competition!! Thank you to EVERYONE who voted! It's a huge honor (and a huge surprise!)!


I went in for a massage with Lynn at Massage Geek this week. It was painful, but amazing. I'm trying to get at that pesky hip/hamstring issue so that it's more healed by the time I can start training hard again. If you've been looking for a deep tissue massage therapist, check her out. Don't check her out if you're looking for a foo-foo feels-great massage :)

It was a busy coaching week, as I was able to meet up with one of my athletes at a coffee shop early in the week, run with another on Thursday in Northfield, and coach yet another on the track on Friday! I LOVE MY JOB!!!

Craig, Jeff, and Nate last week (no more snow this week!). All three of these guys are getting ready for Grandma's marathon, so I play the role of coach/cheerleader during their track sessions while I'm running around the outside lanes putting in easy mileage. It at least makes me *feel* like I'm part of the track-work bandwagon! :)
The bad:

Week 11 of pregnancy started out with me throwing up at least once daily. So much for my post from week 10 that said I was feeling great, eh?

Nate made sure I was trying to get some sort of food down. "Yes, I know you don't feel well. But you HAVE to at least eat a couple of crackers each hour," he'd insist. It was tough to know what to do: if I got too hungry, I'd feel nauseated and dry heave. If I ate before I became hungry, I felt like puking (or did puke). Catch 22. Suck.

He kept the house stocked with ginger ale and came home from the grocery store one evening with a couple of bags of foods he thought I might like/be able to keep down. So nice to feel taken care of!!

Luckily, though, it lasted just 5-6 days, and now I'm back to it and feeling a ton better!

The other "not so hot" things these last two weeks:

7th grade acne. Seriously?!? Please leave...

The heat also affects me a lot more when working out. Nothing really "bad"; it's just something I need to be mindful of when running now, especially as Spring and Summer approach.

Again, not really "bad", but I've noticed my easy pace has now dropped to 8:50s. That's just interesting... why is that? It's not like I'm bigger or heavier yet...

The good:

Again, feeling good again! Running has felt better again as well (minus a couple of runs in the heat), YEAH! This week I'll hit ~42 miles with one day off. 

My stomach looks just a little pudgy. At first, I hated that (and wore my bigger training shirts)... but now I've embraced it and don't care. It'll likely just be a cute little "bump" (not really a bump yet... I just look like I ate a lot) for a little while, so I'll take advantage of it while it's still somewhat cute :)

Start of week 11


Mesa is concerned... as she should be :)

Start of week 12




Weight: 118.4
down 4 pounds from week 10 (hmm..)
up 5.4 pounds from training weight
up 10 pounds from racing weight

Easy run pace: ~8:50

Mileage: at a comfortable 40-50 miles/week for now!

Nichole Porath

Nichole is a blogger, elite level runner, and coach. She ran professionally for Brooks for two years after qualifying for the 2012 US Olympic Marathon Trials. During that time she founded TNC endurance, where she coaches and motivationally speaks to organizations large and small. This blog details her rise to national-level racing, and continues to follow her as she gets back into racing after starting a family. Read on, friends!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, this has nothing to do with running, training or racing.
    You could be the most adorable pregnant woman ever. :-)

    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, thanks, Peggy! It should be interesting in future weeks... there isn't a lot of room for baby!!

      Delete