Lately... Continued!

First thing first: We bought a car last night!

I am SO excited about it: it's a 2012 Prius Four with just 12k miles. It's in pristine condition - just like new. It took a lot of research (and patience on my part!), but I am really happy we put all of the work we did into the search - we found the perfect car at a phenomenal price.

Good things come to those that wait, right?

Here's a couple of the listing photos, until I have time to take some of our own :)





Some of the things I'm giddy about:
1. The back up camera, which will help me avoid driving over the neighbor kids, stray cats, and our garbage can. Pretty cool technology.
2. The key that I just need in my purse to lock/unlock and drive the car. No more digging around in my purse trying to find keys! YAY!
3. HEATED leather seats (did I mention they were leather? :)) Actually, I think they're a fake leather... but still.
4. Syncing my phone to the car. I still need to figure out how to do that, but that should be really nice!
5. Finding a great deal on it :) (you know me!)
6. Electric seats. Normally I wouldn't like this, since I need the seat all the way forward and Nate needs it all the way back. BUT, on the manual seat adjustment Prius' we tested, this was a pain. I literally had to "pump up" the seat 20 times so I could see over the dash. Not so fun. Now, it's easy, and I feel like I have even better visibility (ahh, short people problems).

So, YEAH!!!!

In other news, I've somehow managed to find my motivation again :). I'm not sure how... could be that the weather has turned slightly (running in 20 degrees feels great!), or an update I got on Friday (will share later, ohh, the suspense :)), or just realizing that the racing season is coming up. Whatever it is, I'll take it! It's fun to be training with more of a purpose now.

What else? I know there's a lot more, but in the interest of time, I'll sign off for now - and will try to write more often!

Nichole Porath

Nichole is a blogger, elite level runner, and coach. She ran professionally for Brooks for two years after qualifying for the 2012 US Olympic Marathon Trials. During that time she founded TNC endurance, where she coaches and motivationally speaks to organizations large and small. This blog details her rise to national-level racing, and continues to follow her as she gets back into racing after starting a family. Read on, friends!

1 comment:

  1. yippee for a new car! It looks so nice, glad you guys found something you like :) Also happy to hear your motivation is coming back, I agree, the weather plays a HUGE part!

    ReplyDelete