Great workout!

Yeah!!!

I was not excited for this workout, not going to lie.

It's one of the hardest of the cycle, both physically and mentally. 4x2miles at sub-marathon pace.

Good thing I had recruited Pat (bike) and Craig (running) to help, and Craig had recruited Anders (running) to run part of it with us.  What? 3 runners and one biker in small-town Northfield completing an epic marathon-pace workout over the lunch hour? Oh yes - Northfield is the BEST :).


 Craig and Anders were able to pull away the last 2 repeats, which was more of a function of me not being able to pick up the pace. But, nonetheless, this workout was a HUGE success. 8 miles of work done at an average of about 6:08 pace - below goal MP!

At first I was a little disappointed  as I wasn't able to hit my times for this cycle. But I looked back at my Grandma's '11 cycle to see that this workout was on par, if not stronger, than what I had ever done before Grandmas.

Plus, when I actually slowed to MP (6:12), it felt EASY.

Granted, after  about 18 miles I know it won't feel easy, but at least it feels smooth and effortless for a  couple of miles now! It gives me confidence that a Chicago qualifier might be possible :).

Now - time to continue to hydrate, sleep, and run FAST! 2.5 weeks until Chicago, 5.5 weeks until ING New York!! Yikes!!

Nichole Porath

Nichole is a blogger, elite level runner, and coach. She ran professionally for Brooks for two years after qualifying for the 2012 US Olympic Marathon Trials. During that time she founded TNC endurance, where she coaches and motivationally speaks to organizations large and small. This blog details her rise to national-level racing, and continues to follow her as she gets back into racing after starting a family. Read on, friends!

2 comments:

  1. Dang girl you OWNED that run! I did a similar run (and was super nervous going into it) of 3 x 3m at 6:50 pace, but it was on the treadmill because it's still wicked hot here. I know I've said it before, but you really are an inspiration!!! Can't wait to see what you can do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey nice post meh, I love your style of blogging here. this post reminded me of an equally interesting post that I read some time ago on Daniel Uyi's blog: What Most People Wish .
    keep up the good work friend. I will be back to read more of your posts.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete