Busy Day!

Today was a little crazy...

I ran 10 miles in the morning with Mesa.  I was surprised to see the roads so snow covered!

The sun was shining, though - what a difference that makes!
I immediately ate, hopped in the shower, and jetted up to the Cities to meet with Rasa Troup.  I've decided to continue to work with a nutritionist to further refine what I'm fueling myself with and also to just plain learn more, which will allow me to coach even better.  I learned a TON from Donna, but just wanted a different perspective.  Rasa does the nutrition plans and counseling for the U of MN women's XC and track teams and was also an Olympain (3k steeple), so really knows top level nutrition and performance.  I'm excited!  I'll share more later.

Then I drove down to Red Wing to meet Jim Patterson for a much needed hip adjustment.  WOW, what a difference that makes!  No more tightness in that right leg and glute!!

Then a fun run with two wonderful friends in Red Wing, and a trip to my favorite Wal-Mart (hey, now, don't judge!  I was also at the Food Co-op 2 days ago... wish I could shop 100% there, but I have NO idea what that would cost us... and on my runner salary... well... Wal-Mart it is :)) to find some food to stock our almost-bare fridge with.  Nate was excited to have food in the house again :).

Colbert Report actually just interviewed a guy who paints pictures of Wal-Marts.  Video here.  $40,000 for a large painting.  Guess I'll have to start saving.

I'm spent!  Night y'all!

Nichole Porath

Nichole is a blogger, elite level runner, and coach. She ran professionally for Brooks for two years after qualifying for the 2012 US Olympic Marathon Trials. During that time she founded TNC endurance, where she coaches and motivationally speaks to organizations large and small. This blog details her rise to national-level racing, and continues to follow her as she gets back into racing after starting a family. Read on, friends!

1 comment:

  1. No judgement here! I love it too :) Thanks for the run - always nice to catch up!

    ReplyDelete