YES - great last tempo workout!

The legs are coming around!  I met up with Brenden today for a 2x2 mile tempo workout and felt like my typical starting-to-taper self.  What a fun feeling.  We came through in 11:33 and 11:38 and I felt strong, efficient, and my feet were slapping the pavement & bouncing up quickly, snappily.  I could have pushed harder (cool feeling!), but at this point I just want to be running fast & not totally trashing the legs. 

The whole workout was just 10 miles.  I hardly felt like it was enough - I'm typically completely wiped out after a workout with Brenden!  Yeah, tapering!!

This is perfectly timed as I'll be putting together my stuff for the race this weekend.  Now I can truly throw out all of the doubts I had the last week and a half, think through pacing without thinking "well, I haven't hit my times in anything recent... is this really do-able?".  Instead, I can start to get really excited and enjoy the last part of the taper.  Yes :)

Oh -- PLEASE let a cold front come through for next weekend.  It's going to be a hot one here in MN this weekend (90 and humid) and initial forecasts for next Saturday call for a very humid day.  I don't race well in humidity... hopefully with enough praying things might change?? :)

Nichole Porath

Nichole is a blogger, elite level runner, and coach. She ran professionally for Brooks for two years after qualifying for the 2012 US Olympic Marathon Trials. During that time she founded TNC endurance, where she coaches and motivationally speaks to organizations large and small. This blog details her rise to national-level racing, and continues to follow her as she gets back into racing after starting a family. Read on, friends!

1 comment:

  1. Now I can truly toss out all of the questions I had the the other day and a 50 percent, think through pacing without considering.....

    ReplyDelete