2.25 miles

It felt SO good to run today, the cool 32 degree air filling my lungs, the feeling of my feet hitting the pavement. As I finished the run I told my husband, "I really do love to run. A LOT". I was picturing myself running for 100 miles/week, strong, efficient, fast. Ahhh, what a beautiful image.

Granted - even if I'm able to jump back into running now (we'll see how the achilles feels tomorrow) - 100 mile weeks won't happen for a very, very long time. And I know that when they do, I won't appreciate every mile, every second, every breath like I did tonight. But, it's fun to imagine being able to train a lot again.

So, now on to the elliptical for the evening and then finishing up with a little P90x. All with a smile on my face!

Nichole Porath

Nichole is a blogger, elite level runner, and coach. She ran professionally for Brooks for two years after qualifying for the 2012 US Olympic Marathon Trials. During that time she founded TNC endurance, where she coaches and motivationally speaks to organizations large and small. This blog details her rise to national-level racing, and continues to follow her as she gets back into racing after starting a family. Read on, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment