Less than a week to go!

I always look forward to tapering. Until it actually comes...

I looked at my training plan for the next week and realized just how little there is on it... 8 mile run tomorrow, 8 miles Monday with a tiny bit of uptempo work in it, and then practically nothing until race day.

It's sort of fun, since I have more free time to do things around the house (I think my house may actually be clean by the end of the weekend!), I don't feel the need to sleep ALL of the time, etc. Plus, your legs are feeling fast & fit, which is also really fun. But, I feel lost, like I'm missing a best friend! Where did my doubles go? Where'd my long run go? I love marathon training, I really do...

For the last 3 days, I have been dreaming of warm, soft, goey chocolate chip cookies and chocolate chip banana bread. Yuuummmmmm... Don't they sound heavenly? These cravings are happening before my 1 week marathon-diet, can't imagine what I'll be dreaming of by the end of this week. Just have to make it to next Saturday night... desserts, greasy food, and drinks then :). I can do this!!

Nichole Porath

Nichole is a blogger, elite level runner, and coach. She ran professionally for Brooks for two years after qualifying for the 2012 US Olympic Marathon Trials. During that time she founded TNC endurance, where she coaches and motivationally speaks to organizations large and small. This blog details her rise to national-level racing, and continues to follow her as she gets back into racing after starting a family. Read on, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment