Carb Depletion Phase = Yuck

It's only half way through Day 1 and I already feel gross. But it's completely my own doing.

This morning Nate made a beautiful omlet, complete with a chicken breast and bacon. I was so excited. I haven't eaten anything resembling this in a really long time!

As we changed into our running gear later in the day I commented on how I felt slightly sick. He said, "That's because you snacked on bacon this morning!" To which I replied, "That's because it tasted so good! But now it tastes so bad..."

True quote. I'm not used to eating any fat (well, very little), so it was probably too much of a shock for my system. But it was really good at the time (and fun to tell myself I could eat it!). Going forward I will only be eating HEALTHY no-carb options. Problem is, what is there to eat? Chicken breasts, egg whites, pork, peanut butter, fish? Ug.

Already looking forward to a heaping bowl of oatmeal Wednesday morning!

Nichole Porath

Nichole is a blogger, elite level runner, and coach. She ran professionally for Brooks for two years after qualifying for the 2012 US Olympic Marathon Trials. During that time she founded TNC endurance, where she coaches and motivationally speaks to organizations large and small. This blog details her rise to national-level racing, and continues to follow her as she gets back into racing after starting a family. Read on, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment