2:51.30, 1st Minnesota Woman at TCM

No race report yet -- I still need to digest the race before I write anything here. It was a bittersweet race for me. I'm very happy to have run a fast time, especially considering how BADLY injured I was this May/June, and that I came from a fitness level pretty close to zero.

On the other hand, I know I had so much more!

More to come :)

But -- the one thing that I do know is that I have the most amazing, supportive family. I just wrote them a big thank you that went something like this:
----
My amazing family,

I owe you a HUGE thank you for all of the wonderful support today. It made the day SO special for me to know that I had so many people coming to watch & 3 crazy “groupies” following me on bikes. Honestly, could I ask for a cooler family?

A special thanks to Mark, for making the whole bike-scheme work, Leighton for helping me with my last “epic” Sunday run (that’s why I was so strong the last 10k), and to Nate for all that he did during my training cycle and before/during the race (he puts up with a LOT of questions & training talk from me :)). And of course, to all of you who came to watch today, from near and far. Wow. Then there’s just the “thanks” I owe each and every one of you for helping to make my daily training runs possible.

Although I’m happy with my finish (who wouldn’t be, considering I wasn’t even training much until 10 or 11 weeks ago?!?), I know I have a lot more I can do. The Trails qualifier is still very much in sight, and I can’t tell you how bad I want to get there. So, I’ll take some time off, but then will probably be back on the marathon training/marathon talk bandwagon again all too soon. Hope you don’t mind .

Looking forward to the next one already!!
Thanks again,
Nichole
----

I had Nate, my cousin, and brother following me around & cheering for most of the course on bikes. Ahvo, from Finn Sisu, was also on his bike following me the entire way. Add on top of that: my entire family that make a 3.5+ hour drive, with a 10 month old in tow; Nate's entire family; 2 uncles... gee. Who could ask for anything more? I could not do what I do without their constand support. So again: THANK YOU!!!

Nichole Porath

Nichole is a blogger, elite level runner, and coach. She ran professionally for Brooks for two years after qualifying for the 2012 US Olympic Marathon Trials. During that time she founded TNC endurance, where she coaches and motivationally speaks to organizations large and small. This blog details her rise to national-level racing, and continues to follow her as she gets back into racing after starting a family. Read on, friends!

1 comment:

  1. You looked a little rough at 21.5; I knew you were just behind your goal pace - you must've held on really well late in the race, as Summit Ave. is gradually uphill for miles.

    3:03, 2:58, 2:55, now 2:51... next is 2:48!

    ReplyDelete