SIERRA MIST!!

Today I had my last tempo run. 2 miles warm up, then 3x 1200 at tempo pace, 2 miles CD.

And wow -- I felt like I wasn't running inside my own body. My head is mildly fuzzy, and my legs feel like they've run a 1/2 marathon. And my lungs are working hard! Not a VO2 max hard, but you can actually hear my breathing on the repeats... which rarely happens at tempo pace now.

After the last rep, I put on my headphones and the first words I heard: "That What Doesnt Kill Me... Makes Me Stronger", by Kanye West. No joke! How absolutely fitting :)

We got home and I rummaged around the house looking for something, ANYTHING, I could drink besides water. I swear I have a packet of Crystal Light somewhere? What about low sugar cocoa, is that legal? Nate steps up behind me and opens a cold can of Sierra Mist and hands it to me. I'm sure I looked like a kid on Chrismas morning. It was absolute bliss to have sparkling, cold, pure sugar in my mouth :)

So, yes, guess you can say I cheated. But it was TOTALLY worth it.

Nichole Porath

Nichole is a blogger, elite level runner, and coach. She ran professionally for Brooks for two years after qualifying for the 2012 US Olympic Marathon Trials. During that time she founded TNC endurance, where she coaches and motivationally speaks to organizations large and small. This blog details her rise to national-level racing, and continues to follow her as she gets back into racing after starting a family. Read on, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment