Excited to race tomorrow!

Hope tomorrow's 5k goes well!

My legs are starting to come around, which is fun. My right hamstring has been tight this last week, which is moderately concerning. I tore it in the summer of 2005 and every once in a while it tightens up on me. Luckily, I've gotten really good at caring for it (heat & deep massage from Nate have usually done the trick every time), so I'm not too concerned. Other than that, I can tell I'm starting to taper. Yeah! My legs have that "not quite ready" but starting to feel fast underneath. Sort of that groggy/sleepy feeling. I'm not sure if that makes sense at all...

So -- not sure what to have as a goal tomorrow. I think I'll just go out & go hard. And cheer for my mom and dad when they finish :)

Nichole Porath

Nichole is a blogger, elite level runner, and coach. She ran professionally for Brooks for two years after qualifying for the 2012 US Olympic Marathon Trials. During that time she founded TNC endurance, where she coaches and motivationally speaks to organizations large and small. This blog details her rise to national-level racing, and continues to follow her as she gets back into racing after starting a family. Read on, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment