11 weeks, 310 miles

The other day I took a look through my logs. I feel like I've been "back" for a while now, but taking a look at what I've done-- I really haven't!!

To recap:
I began running mid May. Between then and the end of the month, I averaged 6 miles/week.

Beginning of June started with a few 12-20 mile weeks. Late June was a mileage "breakthrough" for me, where I moved from averaging around 20 miles/week to a 42 mile week the last week.

July has been great. Other than the minor re-injury the first week (where I cut a 50 mile week to just 25 after I felt a little pain), I've been in the mid 50s for mileage, adding a little more (or longer) tempo work in each week. Mileage has been: 25, 52, 58, 55.

Guess this took me by surprise. I knew I haven't been back & feeling fast yet, and I wondered why... now I know. I was starting from nothing 11 weeks ago, and haven't really started "training" until this last month. So, let's hope I can continue to build consistent blocks of training time & hope that the "fast" breakthrough comes in the next month!

Up for this week: Travelling for work first 1/2 of week, so we're altering the hard workouts a little bit (I'll be at slight altitude). 1/2 marathon on Sunday in Red Wing.

Nichole Porath

Nichole is a blogger, elite level runner, and coach. She ran professionally for Brooks for two years after qualifying for the 2012 US Olympic Marathon Trials. During that time she founded TNC endurance, where she coaches and motivationally speaks to organizations large and small. This blog details her rise to national-level racing, and continues to follow her as she gets back into racing after starting a family. Read on, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment