Last Vo2 Max workout

Bittersweet to have finished my last repeats. I did 3x1 mile on the track yesterday, running them in 5:40, 5:35, 5:29. I'm not sure, but I think that's a pretty solid workout for me. I can't compare it to Fargo because I was sick then and missed this workout... it'd be nice to know if I was faster/slower than earlier in the year at the same time!

It's nice to be winding down and feeling fast. The fastest mile I've ever done is a 5:20, so to pull of a 5:29 is pretty good for me (I am NOT a miler!!). I can tell things are just working like they should -- lungs are strong, legs can handle the pace, etc. There's no comparison between this hard workout and when I started the VO2 max cycle a month and a half ago.

What's not fun is the fact that these are finally fun -- and then I'm shutting things down! I also always freak out a little bit during taper time. What, just 6 miles today? I think to myself. Gosh, that's like nothing... shouldn't I add a couple more miles? Or another workout in the evening?? It just scares me to see so little on my plan for the next week and a half...

Nichole Porath

Nichole is a blogger, elite level runner, and coach. She ran professionally for Brooks for two years after qualifying for the 2012 US Olympic Marathon Trials. During that time she founded TNC endurance, where she coaches and motivationally speaks to organizations large and small. This blog details her rise to national-level racing, and continues to follow her as she gets back into racing after starting a family. Read on, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment