Totally exhausted!

What a week.

I began the week by flying out to Salt Lake City, UT for work. It was actually a lot of fun -- I got to see a lot of endurance trail runners, preview fun new camping, running, and outdoor gear, and also got to run in the foothills of UT in the mornings before the show began.

I followed my original training plan while out in UT. I don't know if that was smart or not. Should you alter your plan when running at altitude? The first run I did was on Tuesday morning, a recovery 9 mile run. I decided to add a few strides because I was going to race on Saturday and wanted to do some fast stuff before the race. The first 4 miles of that run I felt pretty sick. That went away, but it still wasn't a great run. Was it because of the altitude?

Wednesday I woke up very early for a 15 mile run. How gorgeous (except for the really early wake up call :)!! The route I followed climbs significantly, from the heart of Salt Lake up to the foothills, following a stream that ran between two mountain peaks/ranges. I'm not sure, but I think I climbed from about 4200 ft. to about 6000 ft. Running back the last 7.5 miles was fun. Yeah running downhill! My legs were pretty tired, but I wanted to run through that this week.

I flew back late Wednesday night. I was excited to be back -- just to do laundry, get errands done, answer mail, etc. Thursday was as usual, work, run during lunch, then Vakava practice in the evening. When I got home, it was a little after 9:00. I'm absolutely exhausted at this point -- but try to catch up on emails and work yet that evening. My legs are also pretty trashed from a long week and the no pole skate reps we did at ski practice tonight.

Friday came -- and went -- in the blink of an eye. I literally spent the entire day/evening at my computer (12 hours w/ just a few breaks). I'm trying to catch up on work (which I still am not totally...) and trying to get farther on the Finn Sisu web project...

Ahh, just another week. Sometimes (not often :) I wish life was a little less crazy and there was more time to just sit and relax.

Nichole Porath

Nichole is a blogger, elite level runner, and coach. She ran professionally for Brooks for two years after qualifying for the 2012 US Olympic Marathon Trials. During that time she founded TNC endurance, where she coaches and motivationally speaks to organizations large and small. This blog details her rise to national-level racing, and continues to follow her as she gets back into racing after starting a family. Read on, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment